Monday, March 7, 2011

Mardi Gras Weekend

Well, Mardi Gras weekend is over now. What a great weekend it was.  It all started with Frankie's 21st b-day. I cannot believe that my baby brother is now 21 years old. anyway, we went to my parents house to have dinner with them and Frankie and then we went to college station to have a beer with him. By the time we got home it was after 12 (I know this is not late but Andy and I had to wake up at like 5 the next day). Andrew and I made the trip over to Baton Rouge, LA at about 7 am Friday morning. The trip here wasn't too bad, relatively boring and rainy. We arrived around 12ish but Heather wasn't home yet....go figure. So, we went to find a Starbucks so that I could work on my aspiration statement. We finally made it to Heather's house and then it was party time. By 11pm we were so partied out that we were ready for bed. Heather, Manny, Christine and Vince all went to Splash (a gay club here in BR). Andy and I stayed behind because we were so tired. Saturday we got up really early to head over to Manny's apartment and got o a pink parade. It was raining very much but we didn't let that stop us. We went to the parade and got totally rained on but it was still a lot of fun. Then yesterday was the big day. We headed to New Orleans. We headed down French Corridor and all over Bourbon St. There was so many people and so many parades. We have like a billion beads that we hare going to use to decorate our house. Now it's about time to head home...if I can get Andrew to stop watching Heather's Netflix long enough to get his stuff together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment