Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Future Mrs. Andrew Montgomery!

Andrew and I are engaged!!!! Yup....engaged :) I'm sure that it's probably not such a wise idea to write about it on my blog for all of the world to see, but I wanted to get it all down so that I would never forget it. Engagement story goes like so....

There is now officially a week before Africa. It is 00:29 on June 2, 2011. On May 31st, I was spending one of the last times over at Andrew's house before Africa (the days are going to be so busy I may only be able to squeeze in one more visit.) We had just arrived home from Justin's house and we were laying on the bed watching "Fast and Furious." He pauses the movies and tells me how much he loves me and wants to marry me. This is not the first time that he says it, but I love hearing it, so I tell him that I love him and want to marry him as well. I wear this ring on my finger that says "Faith" on the outside, and "live by faith not by sight" on the inside. I wear it to remind me that a lot of times in my life all I need to do is have faith to get my through anything. The ring really means a lot to me. He takes the ring off my finger, hops off the bed and gets on one knee. He asks me to marry him :) I of course say yes! So now we are officially engaged, minus a "engagement ring."

We both decided that we want a fall wedding, so we are wanting to get married on November 1st, seeing as though that is our anniversary. So Saturday November 1, 2014 will hopefully be our wedding day. :)

The only person who knows about our engagement in my bff Lauren :) She asked us when we are going to be "facebook official." We decided not to tell our parents until he gets me a real ring, but in my eyes that is my fiance <3 So not only does my ring symbolize faith, but now love and future :) He even called me his fiance yesterday when we were filling my car up with gas, and it was amazing!

Mrs. Karina Montgomery...I like the sound of that <3

No comments:

Post a Comment