Friday, June 10, 2011

So long America!

Heading out for my trip arcoss the world today! SCARY!

Yesterday I arrived in Philly and spent the entire day staging. Marlow and I met at the airport and took my first ever cab to get to the hotel (Crown Plaza West ;) ) We spent the entire day in staging doing paperwork, and learning about Burkina Faso and each other. Then when the day was over a bunch of us went out to dinner and had some drinks.

Today we start the day bright and early to head to head to the clinic to get yellow fever shots and whatnot and then off to NY where we will leave to Africa! First stop on the flight, Brussels Belgium. Yikes.

I think that I am ready, have said all of my goodbyes, wrote my family, Andrew and Lauren their second letters...now its time to go. I dont think all the ammount of preparation in the world could have prepared me for saying bye, because the feeling was absolutely terrible.

Well its time to get ready to go!

See you later blog, will update as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment