Sunday, October 23, 2011

Camp Glow

So today I spent the day in meetings discussing something called Camp Glow. It’s a 2 week long sleepover camp for girls and boys, the first week for girls and the second for boys. Camp Glow stands for “Guys and Gals Leading Our World”. It’s basically a camp for the kids to learn about hygiene, life skills, and stuff like that. I went to visit the first Burkina Camp Glow when I was in training, and I was hooked. I was really interested in helping out with next year’s camp. So when given the opportunity to attend a meeting to discuss future plans for the camp of course I wanted to attend. This past August the camp was held in 2 locations and for next year they were looking to expand to 4. Luckily Leo was chosen as one of the 4 sites! I am not the “secretary and supplies coordinator.” So I hopefully have a lot of work ahead of me to get ready to put on an awesome camp next year. I’m really excited about it. So far, Ouaga has been great. I went shopping for groceries to take back to site since a lot of options at home, I picked up some mail. I totally know that some of my mail is missing because Andrew numbers his letters to my and like 8 are missing haha. It’s sad. I love mail. Tomorrow I have meetings in the morning and then I am going to enjoy Ouaga for one more afternoon. I’ll write again soon.    

No comments:

Post a Comment