Sunday, July 22, 2012

Another Adventure with Nate

Nate and I are notorious for our random, half thought-out ideas on things that we should do. This weeks adventure...Ouahigouya pool day. We had talked about it for a bit but I hadn't decided if I was going to go or not. Nate's infinite line "Come on Karina. It will be cool," is what got me. So he wakes me up yesterday morning and says that we are leaving in 10 minutes. I get up, throw my swim suit in my backpack and we head out the door. The plan was to go to the bank before hand but of course we didnt make it in time and all the money we had was enough to get us to Ouahigouya and that's it. So of course we decided to chance it and go anyway. The bus ride was fairly pleasant. It only took about 2.5 hours to get there, and the view was nice. When we got there we were both really surprised at how developed it really is up there, at least in Ouahigouya. For those of you who don't know Ouahigouya is in the north (a region I hadn't yet been to).   It was crazy nice there. A lot pf people throw out the world "Ville" to describe things that compared to Ouahigouya are just big villages. Our bikes however, did not make it on the bus with us so they were coming later. Fate was on our side because we found a bank that was open til 15h on a Saturday! Unfortunately fate threw us a curveball and the pool actually was closed because they were treating it! We headed all the way up to Ouahigouya only to not be able to use the pool. Sad sad day. We did however spend a lovely day eating good food and drinking. It turned out to be pretty good. 


Today is a cloudy/rainy day so Nate and I decided to head back to Ouaga. There is no point in staying there if there was going to be no pool day. So back to Ouaga it was. There are so many people at the transit house the have finished their service and they are all getting ready to go home. I didn't much feel like socializing that much so I headed to the bureau to get some work done and spent most of the time playing in the internet and talking to Ebben. It's been nice chatting with him. Now I need to stop playing around and do some work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment