Friday, July 20, 2012

Mid-service conference

This week we had our mid-service conference. I can't believe that we have already made it this far. The days are long but the years are short, honestly. The first morning was medical stuff. We all were either at the dentist or at the med unit. That took an incredibly long time, but it all went well. I had lunch with Nate and then we headed back to the the hotel for afternoon sessions. We did a lot of sharing about our experiences and lives in village. It was cool to hear about all the things that people are doing and how their adjusting to being in village. I went to the dentist and had my teach clean. My favorite part was being able to be roommates with Su-dawg and laughing all night like we did at IST. I learned a lot.

Prom

A Mid-Service Night's Dream...prom number 2. There seems to be a trend in the fact that we always have to have a prom whenever we are together. This prom I would definitely put in the win category. Of course Su and I wore matching outfits...(as cutest couple duh!). We drank and danced all night long! It was an amazing night with amazing friends. Ismael and Seydou came as well and we all had a great time. I can't wait until COS prom!

What's to Come 

One year down...one to go. This time is almost going by too fast. I talked to my mom today about staying a third year. She supports it. Even though I know that she misses me like crazy, she is still 100% behind me on it. Pool day tomorrow with Nate, we have Camp Glow in the next week, I'll be at Week 10 stage, then Bobo for hanging out with Saiba, then back to Ouaga for the food security meeting. There's a whole lot that I'm looking forward to doing not only in this next couple of weeks, but in the next year. Stay tuned...it's gonna be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment