Thursday, February 10, 2011

One Day....

So, I'm sitting in Starbucks today just wasting time on facebook when the song "Change the World" by Eric Clapton came on. I thought, "Wow, I really hate this song" but then there was a part of the song that really hit home for me. the part where he goes "wishing for the day that I can change the world , I would be the sunshine in your universe. You would think my love was really something good, baby if I could change the world." Hearing that song really made me think about the way that I was to live my life. Right now I feel like I am stuck, like I am just wasting time when I could be changing the world. Sure I love being here with my boyfriend, family, and friends, but all that stuff will still be here when I get back. I feel like my life isn't going to begin until I leave to the Peace Corps. When I depart for the Peace Corps I feel as though that is when i am going to be able to live the life that I was meant to live. It will hopefully be fun of so many new adventures, places traveled and life lessons learned. I want to make a difference in people's lives (who knows, maybe even win the Noble Peace Prize ;p) I can't wait for the day when I get the chance because baby, if I could I would change the world....one day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment