Monday, July 25, 2011

Last blog post for a few weeks!

So I forgot that today was my day with the internet key so I get to have one more afternoon of internet! There's really not a whole lot for me to blog about seeing as though I wrote yesterday haha. Today was just a typical day for me. I'll recap it for you

0600- I wake up and realize that I dont have to be up for another 45 min so I go back to sleep
0630- My alarm goes off which makes me sad because I thought I had set it for 0645 lol
0700- I finally get out of bed and go outside to take a bath. Once outside I realize that it is windy and my water is cold so in a effort to appease my host family I go into the shower area and just wash my face and splash around the rest of the water to make it look like I took a bath. FOR THE RECORD I take a lot of bucket baths here, I was just too sleepy and cold this morning.
0720-I get dressed for the day and drink my tea and pretend to eat my eggs. Then I get my school stuff together and get my bike ready to go.
0740-Marlow comes over and we bike over to Sudakshina's house and then to the FDC (which is the training center)
0800-Our first session of the day starts and it happens to be a class on what our site visits were like
10:00- We have a break where I eat a banana and share some bread with Sudakshina
1030-Our second session of the day is Tech. This is where we learn how to use a protactor and all sorts of other math things. I spent this hour writing a letter to Andrew and drawing cubes on a paper. We played a game where they call out a geometric shape and we have to race against 2 other people to draw it perfectly. Since I have no clue how to draw anything because I wasnt paying attention, when it is my turn I go up to the board and draw a cube. Haha. I think I was supposed to draw parallel lines or something like that haha.
1215-Lunch Time. Sudakshina and I head to the corner kiosk and chat with the lady that owns it. She makes excellent riz gras and benga, so that is what we have for lunch. When I got back from lunch I got 2 letters! One from Lauren and the other from Kelby. They were both amazing. I spent the rest of the 2 hr lunch break goofing around with Sue, and chatting with my friend Texas Nate, reading letters that his mom sent him. It was fun.
1400-I head over to the school where we have another session on non-formal education. We mostly spend this time talking about different activities we can do once we get to site. I spent this time cracking shea butter seeds, watching donkeys eat grass and throwing rocks into a hole lol.
1530-Another break. I spent this time watching my friend Timmy try and pole vault with a tree trunk. It was pretty funny
1600- Lang class. Lang class was awesome. We got into new language groups so now Im in novice high with Tarek and other Nate. Our LCF is Konfe. He is a badass, and the class was amazing. I answered all his questions almost perfectly. It was great.
1715-School is done for the day and some people in my stage want to have a community meeting, so we head back to the FDC for that. The community meeting was good, not really much to say on that.
1800-The sky turns an alarming shade of grey and there is sand headed straight into my eyes...you know what that means! RAIN! I hurry up to try and bike home before the rain (I make it with only seconds to spare.)
1830-I eat dinner. Dinner was my favorite meal that I eat here. Its call Ragu de pomme de terre. Really its just like a potato stew but man that stuff is amazing. And I eat a banana.
1900-I pop in the internet key and get online where I proceed to talk to everyone on facebook and post a blog about my day haha.
1950- Thats what time it is now. Its still raining and I love it. I think that I am going to get off the computer soon and crawl into bed with my kindle (THANKS ANDREW, I keep forgetting to tell you how much I love Wilbur the Kindle). Wilbur is the perfect rainy day companion.

Yesterday when I got home after being away for the week my family was so happy to see me. It was great. I missed them.

Thats pretty much a typical day for me. Tomorrow I have language first, followed by other classes, until I go home at 1730. Life is good :)

I have internet again on August 14th so I will update again then. I am missing everyone lots!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing day!!! I cannot wait to come visit and see everything you do and meet all your wonderful friends!!! Your blogs always crack me up because i can like hear you speak all this stuff like we were in person. I cannot wait for more letter and i am glad you FINALLY got mine!

    ReplyDelete