Tuesday, June 26, 2012

So I'm not leaving in the med unit until I leave to Gambia on Saturday! Gaaaaaaaaah!

Today was a pretty good day. I woke up this morning and had a bagel lol. I got some work done at the bureau and scheduled a meeting with George for the afternoon. Issaka called and said that he wanted to see me today. I didn't put a whole lot of stock in that because he has been saying that all week. But I told him that if he wanted to come by around 12 he could. Guess what?! He actually did. It was fun. We chatted and he laughed at my arm and it was really a good time. He bought me some juice to make me feel better and we went out to lunch. He told me that I needed to come by his house soon because everyone there misses me. He had said that Rosalie (his sister) had wanted to come see me as well but he didn't bring her. After lunch we hung out for a bit more, but it was so hot and I was tired so I told him that I was going back to the bureau. He asked him he could borrow my IPod while I'm in Gambia so that he could listen to music. I told him that he was out of his freaken mind haha.

Back at the bureau Hugo called to come hang out with me. That was a lot of fun because we talked and watched "No Strings Attached." We laughed so hard. Then I had a meeting to get to with George about Gambia and Hugo had to go finish his med stuff. My meeting with George went really well. He's a really nice guy. We got stuff worked out for Gambia and we are meeting again tomorrow once Jason gets into town. So Gambia is all set for us to leave Saturday!!! Soooooo excited.

I called Saiiba and we talked forever. He told me that he had been super busy filling out reports and that he didn't want me to think that he forgot about me. I thought that was really funny because we talked the day before yesterday! That's how close we are, if we don't talk for a day it feels like forever. We talked about everything that's going on here and he asked when I was coming home. I told him that I'm leaving to Gambia Saturday and he couldn't believe it. I had told him a million times that I was going but I guess that he forgot because I ended up having to come to Ouaga a lot sooner than I had planned. He said that he is going to miss me so much! I told him that I would bring him back something nice from Gambia and he got really excited.

There's a stagiere that is doing his training right now who is in the med unit with me. We went out to dinner and I had a great time. We talked about what I've been doing for the past year and he told me what he hopes to do in his service. I told him about all my friends and how hard it is to leave them. It was nice to talk to him and just have someone to talk to. The med unit can get pretty lonely.

One thing I do love is the internet. I just finished skyping with Kim, Kelby and Ms. JoAnn. I miss them all so much. My baby Kelby is growing up so much. That's pretty much how my entire day went. I'll probably mess around on facebook, see if I can't skype more, watch GLEE and go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment